CIOs of Indian enterprises have formed CIO KLUB, registered as "CIO Association" Society Act Registered No. 2100 DATED 13 OCT 2008 and Trust Act Registered No. F 0044902 (GBR). www.cioklub.com is the only official website of CIO Association. CIO Association (CIO KLUB) is a non-profit and the largest Association of Chief Information officers in India. The CIO KLUB is governed by a Governing Body and a National Executive Council and each chapter has a managing committee to drive the CIO KLUB objective nationally.
CIO KLUB has grown truly national with eight working chapters in India’s most strategic cities (Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad and Kolkata). From a humble beginning in Mumbai on 25 April 2008 with less than 30 members, we have now grown to 1200+ members across India.
The key objectives of the of the Klub are to Share Experience, Enhance Knowledge, and Explore BETTER Business Solutions by leveraging the collective wisdom of large number of CIOs who are registered members. They are senior level technology executives in the country. The current registered members represent Manufacturing, BFSI, Service, Pharma and Healthcare, Retail, Real Estate, Construction, Energy, Infrastructure etc. from India’s leading business houses and PSU covering wide spectrum of Indian businesses.
With such leadership as members, CIO Klub is uniquely positioned to be the voice of IT user community of the country. We have formed various working groups and one amongst them is to interact with the government to support government initiative to deploy Information Technology in government projects. This is a social initiative of CIO KLUB by offering vast experienced pool of CIOs who have implemented various IT projects in private enterprises.
The CIO KLUB is unique in the sense that it provides an interactive platform for vendors, media and CIOs for exchange of best practices and ideas and formulates strategy to address common IT issues. The KLUB objective is to share and enhance knowledge and to achieve the same. CIO KLUB organises various knowledge sharing sessions across the country.
The primary objective is to drive the business benefit to the organizations of the Member CIOs and also help CIOs in their professional growth as effective leaders. The KLUB also encourages entrepreneurial spirit by providing a platform for sharing and generating innovative ideas in the larger interest of the community.
The Primary objective is to drive the business benefit to the organizations of the Member CIOs and also help CIOs in their professional growth as effective executives. The CIO KLUB will also represent the IT user community to governmental bodies, support government's E-governance initiative, interact directly with vendors and the media for delivering CIO needs from time to time.
1. To promote the CIO profession by providing leadership and visibility to members.
2. To encourage exchange of information on technology, security and problem solving and also evaluating new technologies to help the CIO community.
3. To allow members to share insights and lessons learned through experience and IT implementation and create best practices, evolve standards, common interfaces.
4. To communicate to the Government, regulatory bodies, management of companies and organizations, Universities, Institutions, IS/IT professionals, and the public at large the importance of IT adoption and represent IT user community.
5. To promote continuing education, build alliance with educational institutions and to help expand knowledge and skills by providing a forum for exchange of ideas, conducting study circles, training programs, discussions, organizing courses, lecture programs, seminars, workshops, publishing newsletters, magazines, establishing libraries, and other activities aimed at professional development
Today CIO Klub is poised to scale up in terms of location spread, breadth of membership and building new alliances. To bring international best practices within reach of community international Klub relationships are being built. More emphasis is being laid on knowledge sharing and also avenues of spreading this knowledge to other members of IT departments are being setup.